Cuban authorities arrest four people linked to the homicide of Yorjelguis Bolaño

The suspects, apparently, were trusted individuals to the victim.

Cuban authorities arrest four people linked to the homicide of Yorjelguis Bolaño

The authorities on the Island have four individuals under arrest for allegedly being involved in the homicide of Yorjelguis Bolaño Fernández, a Cuban-American who had been missing in the province of Mayabeque since January seventh.

The arrests were confirmed to CubaNet by people close to the deceased. In addition, the Facebook page Fuerza del Pueblo Mayabeque, linked to State Security, published images of these individuals, but without giving their names.

Three days ago, the National Revolutionary Police (PNR) carried out the arrest of Dayanis Vega, a woman who is supposedly related to the case in question. According to information provided to the independent portal Cubanos por el Mundo, it is suspected that the accused may have participated in a reenactment of the events that took place at her residence, where garments that had been burned were found.

A source identified as Yomi revealed that the suspect admitted to having handed over Bolaño Fernández alive to other people, but later no longer had knowledge about the whereabouts of the victim. Additionally, it was reported that residents of Madruga reacted with indignation upon discovering the alleged involvement of the detainee in the case, even attempting to assault her.

The body was found in the vicinity of the Institute of Animal Science, located in San José de las Lajas. According to data provided by relatives, the said man arrived from the United States to the Island to visit his family in Madruga.

The victim, 41 years old, was last seen driving an old blue Chevrolet, after being at a particular kiosk in the municipality where the body was found.

The car was found days earlier dismantled and with bloodstains in a garage located in San Miguel del Padrón, Havana. A relative of the victim stated that among the suspected murderers are people who knew Bolaño Fernández and whom he trusted.

A source close to the Cuban-American, identified as Aylen Fundora, confirmed that the victim’s cellphone turned off in San José de las Lajas, and security cameras recorded the vehicle’s passage through that municipality.

This woman also posted a message that raised suspicions of a possible kidnapping in this case. “If those who took him are looking for money, send us proof of life or return him to the people who love him,” said the internet user.

The family of Bolaño Fernández offered a reward of $3,000 for information that would allow the discovery of the referred man alive, who was the father of three children, two girls and a boy, with the youngest being only four years old.